Action4Climate for an endangered earth
„At the Earth’s crossroads, we face diverse challenges that
demand suitable solutions.
Our mission is to enhance agricultural productivity,
ensuring food security while minimizing
Inspired by Liebig’s vision,
we strive to learn and innovate, providing sufficient healthy food for all.“
Objectives of the proposed activities:
- Development and transfer of knowledge in the area of climate change research to various stakeholders, including the development of study programmes (e.g., at the postgraduate level)
- Assisting IAEA Member States in building capacity via hosting fellows, postgraduate students, analytical support, hands-on training courses and workshops on climate smart agriculture
- Provide expertise in the development and setup of Climate Change Research platforms in IAEA Member States, e.g., through the establishment of focal points in the most affected regions
- Collaborate with respect to research and development activities carried out simultaneously in IAEA-Seibersdorf laboratories, at the Collaboration centre, as well as IAEA Member States’ laboratories
- Coordination of other scientific and technical activities, e.g., organize relevant regional conferences and events.
- Applying for joint IAEA- Liebig Centre, funding for R&D and capacity development
Amazonas expedition 2023
Tropical forests are elementary for humankind. They play a decisive role in determining global climate and weather patterns and are crucial for biodiversity. This is particularly true for the Brazilian rainforest in the Amazon catchment area. In order to investigate important questions on global climate change, an international, interdisciplinary research team led by Prof. Dr. Christoph Müller, Institute of Plant Ecology at Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU), will set off on a four-week expedition to the Brazilian rainforest on 26 August 2023.
Die vier Wochen unserer „Amazonas Expedition 2023“ sind vorbei und wie im Flug vergangen! Es war eine sehr ereignisreiche, in Teilen – …
21. September 2023 Heute geht es nochmal richtig in den Regenwald.Wir wollen die Amazonas FACE-Anlage besichtigen, die ca. 80 km von Manaus …
New techniques for climate change research plattforms (covers new GHG measurement techniques, Free air climate change techniques etc.)
Adaptation/mitigation of climate change (CSA techniques that increase C sequestration, eg. Terra preta research, biochar research, NETs in general, cooling the cities via plant systems, integrated livestock management)
Climate change and security (security aspects have to considered for eﬀective climate change mitigation/adaptation)
Climate change communication (climate sceptics, Scientists4Future, etc.)
Climate change on biodiversity and biogeochemical cycles (stable isotope tracing-Ntrace, grassland research, peatland research, nature conservation)